Wednesday 23 June 2010

Vintage inspired dress

In my last post I shared with you all that I was going to do the easy and simple needle case project from Sew Hip magazine. I also said I would attempt to start the cover dress. Well, I did the needle case and did start the dress. I have to say I was a bit nervous with the dress as the pattern was not for beginners but for an intermediate level. I started it anyway, with some cheap polycotton fabric I had at home and guess what? I actually finished it Monday night. I have to say I'm chuffed with myself. Even though the seams might be a bit wonky, the seams less than perfect and the fact I ignored the lining, I actually managed to do something wearable...and I learned a lot in the process.

I do like SewHip magazine. It has the patterns, it has clear and easy instructions and cool, modern and young designs. I also bought Sewing World magazine which, so far, has not inspired me that much. There's one style I want to attempt doing but have to resize pattern as it is a size 16, which is a bit annoying. Today I bought Sew magazine which, at first glance looks ok but it's way too expensive. Unless they have a pattern I really like, I doubt I'll buy it regularly.

I'll leave you with some links and a self portrait I did with the dress I did :)

SewHip
Sewing World
Sew

1 comment:

  1. Wow that dress looks amazing. Great choice of fabric too, looks so different from the one in the magazine, less girlie and more womanly. Looking forward to reading your blog.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...