Friday 26 November 2010

Vogue patters on my way!

After reading this blog post by Julia from Sew Curvy Corsetry  and learning that Vogue was having a 50% off sale on all patterns I couldn't resist to take a peek at Jaycotts website and... the rest is history.

I got these two blouse/shirt patterns, Vogue 8476 and Vogue 8557. I was undecided so ended up getting both.


Nothing out of the ordinary but I quite like this Vogue 8295 skirt so ordered it too. I think what made it for me was the wide waistband and the fact the skirt seems to sit quite high at waist. I used to hate high waisted stuff when I was younger but love it nowadays and don't have that much of it.


Next is Vogue 1092. I looove the sleeves in this suit and liked the overall look with buttons et all.


I order two patterns from vintage section. The first is this beauty, Vogue 8615, which Gertie has sewn and looks amazing. Hope I could do a good job with it.


And I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am with this lovely Vogue 1044. This is the one I might tackle first (after my corduroy dress and the sew along). I have high, high plans for it and already have fabric chosen. Literally so excited with it I might start it before I finish the other ones.



Do you have experience sewing any of these and have any useful tips and advice? Would love to hear them :)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful choices. I haven't made any of these, I feel very jealous! 50% off is a great deal Vogue patterns are a littlr pricey otherwise. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8615... I just had quite an adventure with it. I had some fit issues but then again I didn't do things properly and make a muslin. The waist seemed to have a lot of ease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, your beautiful green dress! I'm sometimes tempted not to make a muslin as I get too excited to see the end result but will make sure for these I will. Saying that for the dress I'm currently working on I didn't make one. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! you're as 'weak' as I am when it comes to half price patterns! Re Gerties dress, I was just looking at that pattern yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...