Tuesday 22 March 2011

A very awesome prize

Do you all know the lovely Denise from The Blue Gardenia? If not, head to her blog right now (or after you finish reading this) and make sure you subscribe to it. She writes exquisitely well about her own projects, gorgeous vintage patterns available to buy at her shop and the feature I love the most, she shares the limelight by frequently featuring other amazing sewing enthusiasts in her posts by interviewing them or asking them to share their sewing spaces. Denise also organises some giveaways, which are always jaw dropping and the last one she had was no exception. And guess who came out on the lucky draw? Yes, me! I was over the moon when finding out I had won such amazing prize. So, so many thanks Denise for this lovely combo of prizes.
It will be my first time working with raw silk. In fact, I had never even touched raw silk before, so completely unaware of any special requirements for sewing, pressing, washing (I bet dry- clean only?). As you would have read in my previous post, my sewing list is vast but this will get done too because it's drop dead gorgeous and my size, and I already decided where I am going to wear it.

Like I mentioned before The Blue Gardenia also sells vintage patterns and jewellery and I strongly suggest you take a look at the options. There are so many gorgeous patterns. I myself have not resisted and ordered a 1940s dress for a party I might be going in June (more on that some other time.)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for letting us know about that blog. I never read it before but now is in my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely - well done :) ! Will you wear the NARS nail polish with the finished silk garment ?

    P.S. I'm jealous on the book front I have a serious sewing-book & DVD addiction going on 44 and growing in my library I have to keep track of them on LibraryThing.com to make sure I don't buy somethings I already have when the urge to shop on Amazon strikes LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can not wait to see what you do with this. Congratulations, lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great win! Who couldn't use more sewing books and vintage patterns? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the lovely words. Can't wait to see the dress.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...