Sunday 17 April 2011

The accessories for My Sabrina Dress

Thank you very much for all the lovely comments on My Sabrina Dress. They are truly appreciated and I love reading them!

As I probably mentioned before, I will wear My Sabrina Dress at an upcoming friend's wedding. My plan was to do a bolero (in case it gets a bit cold at night), a clutch, a fabric belt and possibly some fabric shoes redo all on the same complementing fabric. My choice was a dark green taffetta.
Bolero:
I have slipstitch lining opening and sleeves this morning. First time working with taffetta and I quite enjoyed it. I used view A of Butterick 3345 and ignored the ruffle. I'm quite pleased with the result but failed at taking a decent sneak pic so you will have to wait till after the weeding to see some photos.
Clutch:
I had plans to make the clutch bag in the same fabric as the bolero but stumbled upon the most gorgeous clutch on ebay and couldn't resist. Isn't it gorgeous?
Fabric Belt:
I have ditched this idea after trying on the dress with the bolero. I think I will make that area too busy (if that makes sense).

Self fabric shoes: Well, I waited too long to experiment with this and have to say taffetta was not the best choice. I decided to do a shopping trawl to see if I could find some nice green shoes but no luck. Blue is in season. Light green and khaki is in season but dark green isn't. I settled for some wedges (I looove wedges) and will try to decorate them with maybe a green bow or flower. Ideas and suggestions on this are more than welcome.

I have sent a request to join the brilliant community blog Sew Retro. Been an avid reader for long and now that I completed a dress out of an original vintage pattern I feel I can belong there.

4 comments:

  1. That clutch is adorable! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the clutch - it perfectly compliments your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That clutch is fantastic - I would've snapped it up too if I'd seen it :) Can't wait to see the wedding photos xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...